Rhett Guter is an actor and choreographer whose passion is collaboration in theatre arts and story telling. He has worked on myriad projects all over the country from Shakespeare, to musical theatre, to new works. Rhett received his training at Southern Utah University in Dance Performance and Musical Theatre.
Recent credits include:
- Gypsy at Chicago Shakespeare Theatre:
- Rhett played Tulsa in the highly anticipated and critically acclaimed Gypsy directed by Gary Griffin and staring Louise Pitre. He also served as the assistant choreographer and Dance Captain.
- 'The Boy' in Peter And The Starcatcher:
- This Peter Pan origin story made its regional premier at the Utah Shakespeare Festival featuring Rhett as the “The Boy” who never grows up. Rhett also collaborated with director Brian Vaughn and served as the choreographer.
- The International Tour of West Side Story:
- Opening in Berlin, Germany and closing after a sold out ten weeks in Paris, France, Rhett toured as “Action” in West Side Story directed by Joey McKneely.
- Michael & Jan Finlayson Award:
- After seven seasons as a company member with the Tony Award winning Utah Shakespeare Festival, Rhett received this award in 2013 for recognition of his dedication and artistic talent.